Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Fun


Ava and Samaliya after their preschool school Halloween celebration. They host a great non-sugar event for the kids with lots of decorations and a costume parade. Seriously they are adorable in their pink-fairy-fluff dresses. I can't tell you how excited Ava is about her new silver shoes too.


Our neighbors gave Ava this adorable kitty costume hand-me-down. Then a few weeks back we spotted the exact same one in Hazel's size at a kids consignment store. Ava insisted we get it so they could match. Easy, I'm sold. While I'd love to make beautiful handmade costumes for my girls I'm happy with good enough at this busy stage of our lives. Plus they are pretty dang cute, right!


And off they go! Our neighborhood is excellent for mellow trick-or-treating. We gather all the kids from about 3 blocks (there were about 15 of them), many parents come in costume (with beer in hand) and we roam around just a few blocks and then call it a day.


After the post neighborhood plundering Ava sat down to sort all of her candy which Erik and I can vividly remember doing as kids too. I think at this age the packaging is the most impressive thing. She was allowed to keep anything that wasn't candy (I wish more people gave out non-sweets) and 4 pieces of candy because she is 4-years-old. Of course she asked "Can I keep one more because I love you?" Jeez.... The "Switch Witch" came while she was sleeping and carried all the candy off to Mommy's office and left her a new Madeline board game instead. Ava couldn't have been more pleased. 

I love hearing how other people deal with this ridiculous sugar fest, comment please and let me know what you do!

No comments: