Monday, March 5, 2012

The Kids Are Hiding in My Phone


I am frankly a little horrified about how often I download my "real" camera these days. I'm supposed to be photographer but I'm a mom and that means no room for lugging around a digital SLR if I'm chasing kids that I'd rather not lose.  In steps a wonderful little piece of technology that is changing how I've been documenting my kids. While my camera may not go with me everywhere my iPhone does. It's good for a quick shot when cuteness strikes. But then in steps Instagram, a wonderful little app that has been making me excited about taking photos of things besides my kids again. This is about as far into social networking as I'll get begrudgingly, but if you want to follow along with out a smart phone check out my feed here. There will be time for "real" picture taking as they get older and sit still longer and when I kick down for a smaller camera. But for now, the kids are hiding in my phone and it's giving me a little freedom to shoot. Here is some of what has been hiding in my pocket.















2 comments:

nicole said...

sometimes i think i just want an iphone for the instagram account!
your girls are so beautiful.

ps: where is the 2nd photo taken?

Alex said...

Second photo is the little maze at Lake Merrit.